Business Shredding Services: St. Louis Metro
As a business owner, you understand the importance of keeping your confidential business documents and materials just that – confidential. And when it comes time to destroy those materials, security is always the number one concern.
Unfortunately, many businesses rely on portable in-house office shredders and the trust of their employees when purging confidential materials, opening up the possibility of a highly damaging – and expensive – security breach.
So, how can you be sure that your confidential documents won’t fall into the wrong hands? The answer is Secure Document Destruction Shredding Services. St. Louis is SDD’s home, but we serve customers in nine Missouri counties and four in Illinois. Unlike other local shredding companies, SDD’s on site document and materials destruction services provide the highest level of document shredding services and security available to ensure that your sensitive documents and materials are destroyed properly and permanently.
On site Shredding Services: St. Louis’ Best Option to Offsite Shredding
All SDD document shredding services are performed exclusively on site. Here’s why:
With offsite shredding, the service provider comes to your residence or place of business, picks up your confidential documents and materials, and transports them to a central facility for destruction. That means your documents will be destroyed out of your sight and at a time convenient to the service provider, not you. Further, between the time your documents are picked up and delivered to their final destination, an offsite service truck may make as many as 25 additional customer stops. That’s 25 more opportunities for your security to be compromised.
SDD’s on site document shredding services eliminate all of the high-risk issues of using offsite shredding services. On site, a state-of-the-art SDD mobile shredding service truck shreds your documents in real time, in full view, and within feet of your business. SDD’s bonded, uniformed Information Security Specialists are there every step of the way. When we leave your office, you can be secure that your confidential materials have been destroyed.
Regularly Scheduled On Site Mobile Shredding Services: How Often and Whenever You Need Them
SDD’s regularly scheduled document shredding services ensure that your sensitive materials will be destroyed on a schedule convenient for you. That could be monthly, weekly or even daily during your busiest times of the year. The five-step process is simple and, most important, secure:
- Locked secure containers are strategically placed throughout your facility for the temporary storage of sensitive materials to be purged.
- A SDD mobile shredding service truck comes to your site on a schedule determined by you.
- Our Information Security Specialists use the truck’s automated handling system to empty the secure containers into the truck.
- The contents are immediately destroyed while you watch via closed-circuit cameras.
- The destroyed materials are taken to a recycling center for processing and disposal. Before we leave, though, you will receive a Certificate of Document Destruction for your records.
A comfort for many of our customers is that SDD serves clients in some of the most highly-regulated industries which have strict requirements for information security. Our processes are designed to handle the most complex security needs, which provides peace of mind for all of our customers that their information will be handled properly.
SDD’s regularly scheduled services offer your business the most secure and cost-effective way to routinely destroy and dispose of your old and no-longer-useful sensitive documents and materials. Click here today for a no obligation quote.
One-Time Mobile Shredding Services On Site
Many businesses have simply never gone through the document destruction process. Instead, they allow their old files and records to accumulate in boxes stacked in a backroom or at a storage facility. This is a dangerous, high risk practice that leaves you wide open to a serious security breach. It can also be an expensive practice with businesses incurring unnecessary costs for storing old files.
If you don’t need regularly scheduled document shredding services, SDD can come to your locations as needed, whether it’s an annual visit or multiple times a year. SDD professionals will destroy your accumulated files and records – regardless of how they are stored – following the same practices and procedures used in our regularly-scheduled shredding services, guaranteeing you the highest-quality security protection available. And, our mobile shredding services trucks can handle both large and small quantities. In short, we can meet your needs no matter the quantity.
What Information and Documents Should Be Included in Document Shredding?
All company documents with proprietary company and client information that are no longer needed for ongoing business purposes should be securely shredded, including:
- Account Records and Ledgers
- ATM Receipts
- Bank Statements
- Bids, Estimates and Quotations
- Business Plans
- Cancelled or Voided Checks
- Client Lists and Files
- Credit Card Bills
- Credit Reports
- Customer Lists
- Executive Correspondence
- Expense Reports
- Financial Records
- ID Cards and Badges
- Items with Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers and/or Email Addresses
- Market Research
- Maps and Blueprints
- Marketing Plans
- Minutes from Meetings
- New Product Information
- Patient Records
- Personnel Records
- Payroll Records
- Proposals and Quotes
- Obsolete Brochures, Stationary, and Files
- R&D Files and Data
- Receipts and Invoices
- Strategic Planning Reports
- Tax Records
Specialty Shredding Services Customers Often Overlook
Paper documents are not the only items that need protecting. In addition to paper, SDD offers destruction services for a wide variety of data and electronic media, including:
- CDs and CD ROMs
- Compact Disks
- Computer Hard Drives
- Credit Cards
- Floppy Disks
- Microfilm and Microfiche
- USB Drives
- Video Tapes
… and more.
SDD always follows strict security and compliance protocols in accordance with all regulatory guidelines (HIPAA, FACTA, GLBA, etc.) as well as NAID AAA Certification requirements.
Our destruction process is simple:
- All hard drives and other electronic media are scanned for serial numbers, which are then matched against your list for reconciliation.
- The serial number list is incorporated into your Certificate of Destruction.
- Hard drives are then placed into a secure locked container and transported to our truck at your location for destruction.
- As with our paper destruction services, your hard drives, data, and other media are destroyed on site, ensuring that ALL of your information is unrecoverable.
Medical Records Shredding Services
Special rules apply regarding the handling and destruction of medical records. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) defines policies and guidelines designed to protect the security and privacy of individual health information, and SDD meets all HIPAA compliance shredding requirements. Under the HIPAA, a contract for the destruction and disposal of medical records must:
- Specify the method of destruction/disposal;
- Specify the time that will elapse between acquisition and destruction/disposal of records;
- Establish safeguards against breaches in confidentiality; and
- Provide proof of destruction/disposal.
SDD understands and complies with all HIPAA requirements and guarantees discreet and complete destruction of all regulated medical records, data, media, and other related materials.
Certificate of Document Destruction from SDD of St. Louis Ensures Your Security
SDD will issue a Certificate of Document Destruction after your documents and materials have been completely destroyed inside our mobile shredding truck. This Certificate includes:
- Date of destruction;
- Method of destruction;
- Description of disposed documents;
- Name of customer employee or representative witnessing the destruction process;
- Name of SDD Security Specialist overseeing the on site destruction process; and
- Statement that documents were destroyed as part of the normal course of business.
A SDD Certificate of Document Destruction acts as proof that your records were destroyed and disposed of in a secure and proper manner.